Wednesday 12 January 2011

Refining

Once I had finished the 100 silhouettes, I chose 5 that I preferred and started to work up a few different versions of each. I worked up the versions, making them look more like pod-designs that would work in my game. Although I went in to the project with pre-conveived ideas of how my pod would eventually look, I kept an open mind for anything that would look better and more original.

With some of the silhouettes I chose, they resembled pods already but a few of them needed work to make them look like a practical device. After a few attempts it became a case of seeing shapes within shapes and making the parts that I liked work.

Below are some of the versions of one of the silhouettes...
This way of thinking is advocated by Yamada, (2005) "I often start a character design with quite a few quick exploratory sketches. I use it as a way to get all the cliche and preconceived ideas out of my system" (p14)

No comments:

Post a Comment