Sunday 30 January 2011

Characters

I was looking forward to designing my character and yet not looking forward to it at the same time. I knew from the concept of my game that my characters were human and so I did not have a lot of leeway with their design. I had to keep them looking completely normal. In fact the only abnormal thing about my protagonist's design was the body-suit that he and another couple of the characters wore. The transmutation body-suit, or as the characters nick-name it the 'mute-suit'. Though I had a vague idea of how I wanted it to look I was completely free with how I could design it, my only constraint was that it had to be skin-tight so that the characters could wear it under their normal clothes. So I began with the task of the 100 silhouettes. Many of them looked ridiculous or at least nothing that would look like an actual body-suit because as with the pod's; I had to remember that these suits had to have a practical backing. They had to look like they had been designed by scientists instead of just a suit that a gymnast would wear. Several of them did begin to appeal and I ended up with 6 that I liked the look of enough to work on further...

My next step would be to add colour and work out what these materials the suits would be made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment