Friday 14 January 2011

The contenders

Below are the designs I chose and the rudimentary worked up versions...


I created a poll and invited as many people as I could to state which of the 9 they liked best, the results of which are below...



Unfortunately there wasn't enough clear winners to draw a conclusion and I had to go back to my own judgement so I immediately eliminated numbers 1 and 2 as I thought they were too reminiscent of other pods in movies/games and I wanted my design to look as original as possible.

I also eliminated number 5 and 9 as they had counterparts in the list that they were too similar to which I liked more.

My next step would be some research, now that I had my own designs, I could now look more into concept design without fear of being influenced by pre-existing designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment