Thursday 3 February 2011

Who's inside the suit.

I began looking at pictures of people for reference, I didn't want to use an overly muscular square-jaw hero look and I didn't want a grim anti-hero either. The character was a man in his thirties who although has an amazing ability is a regular person. This is something that Spielberg has used in many of his films, his ethos is 'Ordinary person in extraordinary circumstances' as it makes the character far more relatable. So I looked at and drew faces to see if I found one that struck a cord...

I kept drawing faces and began to piece together a composite of different features and facial aspects that I liked into one face. Soon I had the look of the character that I wanted and I started work on giving him  a sense of personality by drawing him with different expressions, doing this also helped me get a feel for how the character would look as a whole in the game.

I wanted the character to have some unique aspect so I gave him a a small streak of white hair near his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment