Tuesday 1 February 2011

Experimentation

With my final basic designs that I liked I began to experiment with them, exaggerating certain parts and allowing myself to be as creative as I could with the core design. I agreed with Yoon (2005) who explains that even when refining ideas that are starting to coalesce it's important keep loose (2005:25).

A selection of the experimental designs are below...


However what I soon discovered was that the more experimental I became with the design, the more outlandish the design became and therefore the more detached from reality the designs.

So I reigned myself back in slightly and kept the functionality and nature of the mute-suit in mind and began to work on color and texture. Acheson (2006), concept designer for the original Spider-man movie explains "The more we messed with the design, the more inevitable it became that we would return to our original idea" (2002:74)

No comments:

Post a Comment