Tuesday 15 February 2011

Final designs

After I had decided my final designs to be used and their backround environments, I played with the hues and lighting to get the effect I wanted. My goal was to produce at least a couple of designs which featured my character and my environment. I wanted to show emotion in the image as best I could, I agreed with Walker et al (2005) who states that "Since emotion is an element of gameplay, the concept artist has to create that element through visual representations" (2005:57). I chose the scene in my game where the protagonist escapes his pod to find everyone on the project dead.

Mood piece (No character)


With character...


Version 1


And the final piece...
Version 2


Conclusion:

Overall, I have learnt a lot in BA5 that I'm sure will come in very useful in my next projects such as the use of light/shadow and composition. I'm pleased at how my final pieces came out and I can see that my concept art has come a long way by looking other styles and ways of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment